They will: –
- Meet you in person or, if more appropriate, via an online option. You can get to know each other, discuss your injuries, your goals, the process of making a claim and any concerns you may have.
- Make sure your case is considered individually, each one being different in some way. You will be treated as an individual, not as a number or just another claim.
- Never put pressure on you to proceed with your claim if you decide not to go ahead with it.
- Remember the claim is yours and will ensure they have your authority for each step of the claim. As long as you’ve been given the pros and cons and all the information you need, you are entitled to make the decisions.
- Pick up the phone to you. It’s the lawyer’s job to explain complex legal procedures and this is usually easier by having a verbal conversation rather than sending lots of emails.
- Keep an ongoing list of your past losses which will be updated as time goes on so that nothing is forgotten once your claim is ready to settle.
- Have the relevant experience to take on your claim and ideally be accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Offer a free initial personal injury consultation and act on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.
If you’ve had any type of accident within the last 3 years which wasn’t your fault, find out if you have a claim by calling us on 01425 275555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries are strictly confidential.